Did You Claim Your Website As A Business Expense?
Small business who incur expenses creating or maintaining their business website may be able to claim some of the costs as a deduction in their tax return.
You may even be able to claim costs incurred before your business starts. This can be claimed over five years (20% of the cost per year) once the business begins.
Simplified depreciation rules
If you have chosen to use the simplified depreciation rules, you may immediately deduct the expense.
- If you incurred the expense between 12 May 2015 and 30 June 2017 and the cost is:
- less than $20,000 – you can claim a deduction for the full cost in the income year they incurred the expenditure
- $20,000 or more – you can allocate the cost to a general small business pool
- If you incurred the expense between 1 January 2014 and 12 May 2015 and the cost is:
- less than $1,000 – you can claim a deduction for the full cost in the income year they incurred the expenditure
- $1,000 or more – you allocate the cost to a general small business pool.
Small business clients can also claim a deduction for the ongoing expenses of running and maintaining their website, such as domain name registration and server-hosting. They can claim these in the income year they incurred the expense.
This information is general, please refer to your Accountant and the Taxation Office for deductions specific to your business. For more information please visit the Australian Taxation Office website.
Christmas is a very profitable time of year for our clients. Online stores see a dramatic increase in sales and our clients with offline stores also enjoy more foot traffic and sales. Plan your Christmas promotions Many clients offer pre-Christmas sales and free...read more
You might be thinking, why would anyone want to waste time writing blogs? There are so many other tasks to do when running a business. There are some very compelling reasons why it might be in your best interest to add blogs to your business website. Here are my top...read more
What is a 404 Page? A 404 page is an error page created by the web server. When a user attempts to access a file or page that doesn’t exist, a 404 error page is displayed. This lets the user know that the page they were trying to access is no longer...read more
LET US PUT THE PUZZLE PIECES TOGETHER
Custom designed solutions for your business marketing needs