A thorough Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) review includes the 20 point checklist noted below and takes up to 5 hours to complete . The amount of remedial work (changes/edits/additions) completed to correct issues found during the review depends upon the size of your website and the number of issues detected. Large websites and/or websites with large numbers of errors or issues will be offered ongoing SEO maintenance to correct issues over time.
- Check Canonical links (www & non www)
- Install & configure SEO plugin
- Google Analytics setup or access and configure
- Google Webmaster setup or access and configure
- Broken links check and repair (if possible)
- Site speed check and recommendations/repair
- Submit your sitemap to Google & Bing
- Check your Google search listing & investigate any errors in Google listing
- Check whether your site is mobile friendly
- Check address and location details
- Check for Duplicate content
- Check site metadata for all pages, titles, descriptions, urls
- Check heading tags
- Check 404 error page
- Keyword research
- Check Internal links
- Check backlinks
- Check Google Plus Business Page (and set up if required)
- Check image alt tags (add as required)
- Report of findings, action taken to remedy & recommendations for further action to improve results.
You will receive a report detailing your current results and the changes made during the review, together with written recommendation for ongoing improvements, which you can complete yourself or have completed on your behalf. Your ongoing investment in SEO will produce results over a period of time, for some websites results can be seen in a few days, for other websites it can take more than 6 months to see the benefit.
The SEO work completed on your site, doesn’t just provide a benefit to your organic search engine listing, it also provides for a better user experience which is ultimately the most important consideration and the reason why search engines
What are the next steps?
Step 1 - Consultation √
Step 2 - Provide website logins
We will need access to the backend of your website to complete this review. We may also need to access your web hosting account to make repairs, depending upon what we find during the review.
Step 3 - SEO work is completed
The review will take place and you will be provided with a report of findings, SEO work completed and recommendations for your ongoing SEO improvement.